Dear Diary: Travelling vs relationships

Should I stay or should I go

I have been planning to travel the world for my whole adult life I am now 22 and after waiting longer than I had planned it is almost time to start my journey but I have now come to a crossroad where my decision can change my life path completely so I have had to consider if my dream to travel is worth losing my dream to be with the one I love.

When I think about staying I worry that I will become bored and unhappy with a normal life in the same place that I grew up. When I think about leaving I fear that I will have lost the one person who would make me happy for the rest of my life, someone that I can share my memories with. 

In a perfect world we could go and live my dream together and it would become our dream, but nothing is perfect and we have different ambition and goals. Neither of us wants the other to miss out on what we want to do in life but at the same time we want to be together. 
 

This is the hardest choice I have come across in life up to now. How does someone decide between love and a desire so strong? 
 
I think to myself "what will be will be" and if we are meant to be together it will happen at a time that is right for us both. But how can this really be true, does fate actually exist where true love will prevail? I'm not sure how much I believe it and I worry that the further apart our paths leads us the more unlikely it will be that we can reunite. 

Yes you may be thinking "she's only young with her whole life ahead, there will be more chances at love" but when you are completely and utterly happy with someone and find a person who you can and have shared everything with how can you really be sure that the same love can be found again. I may find someone I like to share my time with but it would be hard to connect with another person the same way. 
 
I have achieved all that I want to at home, I've graduated university and all of my friends are growing up getting there future inline with houses and jobs. I can't see this for myself and the only thing keeping me tied here right now is my boyfriend. I am being pulled by my need to see the world and experience new things. My dream is to do it with him but I can't be selfish and make him live his life just for me.
 
It's a roller coaster of emotions I'm desperate to go and live out what I have always dreamed of doing but I'm so upset and disappointed to have to leave behind my relationship. I'm really nervous to travel alone after planning for 2 years to be travelling with someone. Yet I know in time I will be able to look forward to the opportunities and adventures travelling alone will bring. 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Instagram

Where I have been